Current research projects involving members of the group include:
- LuCiD International Centre for Language and Communicative Development
F Grasso (2014-2019)
The project researches into how children learn how to communicate with language. Part of the project is the development of a dedicated app (BabyTalk) to promote language development in children.
- Foundations of Opinion Formation in Autonomous Systems, EPSRC
D Grossi (2015-2017)
The project develops formalisms for modelling and analysing group decision-making in artificial agents.
- Dendrites: Enabling Instrumentation Connectivity
K Atkinson, F Coenen (2014-2017)
The project is a collaboration with CSols Ltd. It develops generic intelligent drivers for laboratory instruments.
- The Riverview Law KTP Project
K Atkinson, F Coenen (2014-2016)
The project is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership and is a collaboration Riverview Law. The project uses automated reasoning techniques from artificial intelligence to create a new service line for the company.
- Lego Rovers Evolution, STFC
K Atkinson (2014-2016)
The project develops an interactive robotics public engagement activity.
Completed projects include:
- IMPACT - Integrated Method for Policy Making Using Argument Modelling and Computer Assisted Text Analysis, EU
K. Atkinson, T. Bench-Capon (2010-2013)
The project was an FP7 European project. It developed a prototype argumentation toolbox to enable arguments about policy proposals to be represented, critiqued, visualised and reasoned about.
- Virtual Cycles of Wellbeing
F Grasso (2013-2014)
N8 Industry Innovation Forum.
About the Argumentation Group
|Staff and students|
|Our research interests|