Semantic Web Technologies Lab
The University of Liverpool Semantic Web Lab is part of the Agent A.R.T. Research Group, located in the Department of Computer Science.
The members of the Semantic Web Lab are engaged in a wide range of research topics related to the development of the Semantic Web and the application of Semantic Web technologies. These topics include:
- ontologies for knowledge representation on the Semantic Web and in multi-agent systems
- use of agent research and agent technologies on the Semantic Web
- combining business rules and ontologies to enhance knowledge representation
- indexing and annotation of Semantic Web content
- Semantic Web services, and their intersection with agent services
- cross-over between Semantic Web and Semantic Grid technologies, and the role of agents in both domains.
The Semantic Web Lab is involved in a number of European and UK funded research projects relating to the development and application of Semantic Web technologies.