- To introduce students to some of the established work in the field of neural computation.
- To highlight some contemporary issues within the domain of neural computation with regard to biologically-motivated computing particularly in relation to multidisciplinary research.
- To equip students with a broad overview of the field of evolutionary computation, placing it in a historical and scientific context.
- To emphasise the need to keep up-to-date in developing areas of science and technology and provide some skills necessary to achieve this.
- To enable students to make reasoned decisions about the engineering of evolutionary ("selectionist") systems.
Or log in for internal information