MSc Advanced Computer Science
- To provide postgraduate students of Computer Science with a deep and systematic understanding (beyond that which they would have obtained as part of their undergraduate study) of selected issues at the forefront of current research in the academic discipline of Computer Science.
- To provide a broad-based understanding of current research issues in Computer Science.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to extend, create and interpret knowledge in Computer Science and how that knowledge may be applied.
- To enable students to participate in current research.
- To facilitate an understanding of (research) project management and control.
- To provide sufficient depth of knowledge of Computer Science to provide an effective basis for students to continue to a research degree either at The University of Liverpool or elsewhere.
- COMP305: Biocomputation
- COMP310: Multi-Agent Systems
- COMP315: Technologies for E-Commerce
- COMP317: Semantics of Programming Languages
- COMP318: Advanced Web Technologies
- COMP516: Research Methods in Computer Science
- COMP702: Msc Project
- COMP521: Knowledge Representation
- COMP522: Privacy and Security
- COMP523: Advanced Algorithmic Techniques
- COMP524: Safety and Dependability
- COMP525: Reasoning About Action and Change
- COMP526: Applied Algorithmics
- COMP527: Data Mining
- COMP528: Multi-Core Programming