- To introduce the concepts and principles of problem solving using computational thinking.
- To identify and employ algorithms in the solution of identified problems.
- To develop sound principles in designing programming solutions to identified problems using appropriate data structures.
- To introduce the concepts of implementing solutions in a high level programming language.
- Introduction to high-level programming environment;
Variables, data types, Sequence I/O, libraries
- Sequence - ?formatted output; Selection - if ...else
nested if's, validation, modular design
- Iteration - while, for
- Iteration - nested, testing
- Parameter passing
- Compound data types
- Compound data types-II, File handling
- File handling
- Relationships between paradigms
- Code re-use, overview