- Public Lectures
- "Wave-particle duality of dissipative vortices and implications for cardiology" (Video) ,
- in Auckland Bioengineering Institute seminar series , 30th August 2016, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- "Cardiac re-entry dynamics in MRI- and micro-CT based models of the heart" (Podcast) ,
- in Integrative Cardiac Dynamics Research Program, 6th July 2018, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
- PhD projects
Based on my current research interests and the EPSRC funded research projects,
For the candidates with suitable qualifications, I will offer the following PhD projects
- Optimal visualisation of cardiac re-entry in anatomically detailed models. (CS, Computer Graphics)
- Automatic conversion of CellML models into BeatBox modules. (CS)
- Anatomy induced dynamics of cardiac re-entry in MRI and micro-CT anatomy models. (CS, Computer Graphics, Computer Simulations, Applied Maths, Physics)
- Dynamics of dissipative vortices: response functions framework. (Applied Maths, Physics)
Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool, offers a fully funded PhD position for UK/EU students, to start from the next academic year 2020/2021.
You can apply online.
Whether you are eligible for the University of Liverpool scholarship, or have your own funding, if you have suitable qualifications and are interested in doing the above projects, please do not hesitate to contact me (ivb at liverpool dot ac dot uk) to discuss the projects.