Department of Computer Science,
University of Liverpool,
Liverpool, L69 3BX, United Kingdom
Office: Room H201A, George Holt Building
Phone: (+44) 1517958858
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/thanhtoando
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool.
My research interests include Computer Vision (e.g., robotic vision, image-based localization, large scale visual search, visual question answering) and Machine Learning (e.g., deep learning, sparse coding, learning to hash). Please check my personal webpage
for more detail on my research and publications.
Potential applicants who are interested in my research areas are welcome to join my group. Self-funded PhD students and Master students are welcome. The candidates can also check this link for postgraduate research scholarships at the University of Liverpool, including country specific scholarships like Liverpool-CSC scholarships. Please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
2018 - Present: Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University of Liverpool
2016 - 2018: Research Fellow, Australian Center for Robotic Vision and University of Adelaide
2013 - 2016: Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology and Design
2009 - 2012: PhD in Computer Science, the French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control (INRIA), France
My publications can be found at my personal webpage or at Google Scholar
- 08/2019. Our papers have been accepted to IEEE Trans. on Multimedia (TMM) and IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI).
- 07/2019. Two papers have been accepted to ICCV 2019.
- 06/2019. Our paper on Medical Visual Question Answering is accepted to MICCAI 2019.
- 06/2019. CVPR 2019 Best Paper Finalist. "SDRSAC: Semidefinite-Based Randomized Approach for Robust Point Cloud Registration without Correspondences", CVPR 2019.
- 05/2019. Recognized as an outstanding reviewer at CVPR 2019!
- 04/2019. One paper has been accepted to ICML 2019.
- 04/2019. Our paper "Simultaneous Feature Aggregating and Hashing for Compact Binary Code Learning" has been accepted to IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (TIP).
- 02/2019. Two papers have been accepted to CVPR 2019.
- 02/2019. Our paper "From Selective Deep Convolutional Features to Compact Binary Representations for Image Retrieval" has been accepted to ACM Trans. on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications (TOMM).
- 01/2019. Our paper "Semantic Prior Analysis for Salient Object Detection" has been accepted to IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (TIP).
- 11/2018. Our paper "On-device Scalable Image-based Localization via Prioritized Cascade Search and Fast One-Many RANSAC" has been accepted to IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (TIP).
- 10/2018. Our paper "Binary Constrained Deep Hashing Network for Image Retrieval without Manual Annotation" has been accepted at WACV 2019.
- 10/2018. We organized the "Predicting Media Memorability Task" at MediaEval workshop 2018.
- 09/2018. Our paper "Non-smooth M-Estimator for Maximum Consensus Estimation" won the Best Science Paper Award at BMVC 2018.
- 08/2018. Our paper "Improving Chamfer Template Matching Using Image Segmentation" has been accepted to IEEE Signal Processing Letters.
- 07/2018. One paper has been accepted to ECCV 2018 and two papers have been accepted to BMVC 2018.
- 06/2018. We organized the special session "Predicting User Perceptions on Multimedia Content" at ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR), 2018.
- 04/2018. Recognized as an outstanding reviewer at CVPR 2018!
- 02/2018. The paper "Accessible Melanoma Detection Using Smartphones and Mobile Image Analysis" has been accepted to IEEE Trans. on Multimedia (TMM).
- 02/2018. I gave a tutorial on "Visual Learning" at "Robotic Vision Summer School", organized by Australian Centre for Robotic Vision.
- 01/2018. Two papers have been accepted at ICRA 2018.